If your plastics or rubber industry equipment is approaching the end-of-life (EOL), or you are experiencing quality problems due to a lack of process control, don’t wait for a costly emergency breakdown/downtime situation to upgrade.
AIC has broad experience replacing motor and temperature control systems with the latest technology. Siemens-AIC custom temperature controller software. We can replace your older DC motor control system such as Siemens SIMOREG, ABB, Rockwell, Reliance Maxpak, Eurotherm or other system. We also upgrade temperature control systems such as Watlow, Eurotherm, Dynestro, HPM, and more.
The benefits of upgrading to a new control system are:
- Accurate and timely diagnostics data – constant monitoring of heat, torque, etc.
- Graphical touch-screen HMI with diagnostics display
- Improved performance – higher speed and accuracy, better finite control, smoother operation
- Programmable automatic heating function allows the programming of operating times and temperatures for multiple zones so the equipment is heated and ready when workers arrive at the plant
- Reduced operating costs through increased energy efficiency
- Reduced maintenance
- Batch control records production data
- Simplified hardware – consolidate various products into a single unit
Depending on your torque requirements, AIC may be able to convert your system from DC to AC, resulting in even lower maintenance costs. AC motors do not have wear item parts and therefore don’t require scheduled downtime for brush replacement or other mechanical maintenance.
A complete control system includes new:
- PLCs or Safety PLCs
- HMIs – graphical touch screens replace push buttons and analog meters
- Remote I/O
- Temperature control software
With a large installed base of plastics and rubber industry equipment, AIC has the experience to upgrade or enhance control systems for all types of systems.
- Batch mixing
- Blow molding
- Blown film lines
- Heating chambers/ovens
- Injection molding
- Robot stacker
- Sheet lines
Additionally, we can interface the control system with robots, vision, welders, including upgrading or integrating equipment from these manufacturers:
- Davis Standard
AIC works with all major control systems equipment manufacturers for system retrofits and improvements, and implements the latest technology from Siemens on new installations:
- WinCC SCADA and premium add-on packages such as PM Control and PM Quality
- Servo controls
- SIMATIC Safety PLCs
- Guard/safety switches
Contact AIC today to find out how we can help you improve your production quality while lowering associated costs.