Does your current brass, aluminum or steel production process consist of heat and brute force, plus the keen eye of a worker with decades of experience? Are you concerned about being shorted when purchasing raw materials, but you don’t have the equipment to measure the content of incoming ores? AIC can help.
AIC has broad experience replacing control systems in the metals industry, and can upgrade your older Siemens 6RA20 or 6RA24, Allen-Bradley, Reliance Maxpak or AutoMax, Eurotherm 590 or other system with the latest Siemens DC technology.
Updating archaic production equipment and methods to an automated state-of-the-art control system has many financial benefits including:
- Increased control of the process resulting in better repeatability and less waste
- Decreased machine setup time with automatic batch control/machine setup configuration
- Decreased downtime
- Improved efficiencies
- Recording of diagnostics
- Increased usability
- Reduced operating costs
- More space in control room electrical cabinet due to reduced size of new DC drives
With a large installed base of equipment in the metal fabricating/producing industry, AIC has the experience to upgrade or enhance control systems for all types of equipment.
- Arc furnaces
- Conveyor controls
- Cut-to-length equipment/processes
- Flattener controls
- Leveler controls
- Metal stamping machines
- Non-contact length measurement
- Pipe mills
- Roll mills
- Tube mills
Additionally, we can interface the control system with robots, vision, welders, and more.
AIC works with all major control systems equipment manufacturers for retrofits and improvements, and implements the latest technology from Siemens on new installations. New control systems may include:
- WinCC SCADA and premium add-on packages such as PM Control and PM Quality
- Servo controls
- SIMATIC Industrial Thin Client
- Safety PLCs
- Guard/safety switches
Contact AIC to find out how we can help you improve your production quality while lowering associated costs.